Some tricks to repair your leather jacket scratched by your pet
If your cat scampered throughout your leather jacket, leaving scratches in your expensive leather jacket or even worse, maybe your puppy mistook your leather jacket ottoman for its scratching put up. You might be worried that your high-priced leather jacket is ruined, however before heading to the nearest leather jacket furnishings showroom, or placing a “Dog for sale” advertisement for your fluffy, try a few simple home remedies that can restore your leather jacket fixtures to its former glory.
- Set up your blow dryer to “heat mode” and by providing heat to warm up the scratched leather jacket at the same time as lightly massaging the mark together with your hand. This brings the leather jacket’s dye lower back to the floor and can disguise very minor scratches. Maintain the blow dryer transferring heat, and do not overheat the leather jacket. In case your hand feels uncomfortable, the heat is simply too much for the leather jacket.
- Rub a completely mild coating of leather jacket oil into a small scratch. This brings the leather jacket color down into the scratch, hiding exceptional white strains and marks (Thank God).
- You can use a leather jacket touch-up pen to hide the mark which happened due to the scratch of your beloved cat, you can also try a permanent marker which is same color with the leather jacket and you can try a shoe polish. It is another option you should keep in your mind.
- Seal a deeper scratch that has created small flaps in the leather jacket by first using a leather jacket touch-up pen to color the exposed white leather jacket. Use a pin to open the flaps wide enough to receive a few drops of craft glue, then smooth the flaps into place with a soft rag.
Things You Will Need
- Blow dryer.
- Leather jacket oil.
- Leather jacket touch-up pen.
- Craft glue.
Keep a leather jacket restore kit close to your reach if your pets regularly scratch your jacket. These kits have the whole lot you need to do simple damage control on damaged leather jacket fixtures or clothing.
If the scratches crossed completely in to the leather jacket, developing a rip or hole, you’ll need the services of a professional to restore your furnishings.